Simply Sync Password Client Capture Installation & Configuration
Simply sync password capture agent Installation [Download]
Before You Begin
After completing this installation on an Active Directory Domain Controller, the server will be able to:
- Capture password change and notify to target
Before attempting this installation step, please ensure the target has the following pre-requisites:
- NET Framework 3.5
- Server should be Active Directory Domain Controller
Capture Agent Installation
You are an administrator for a company which currently maintains several Domain Controllers. A decision has been made to implement Simply PW Sync Capture Agent to take advantage of password synchronization, to solve administrative challenges and to reduce operating costs. The password synchronization capability will allow the company to deliver the functionality and simplicity of single sign on into a distributed environment.
Deploying Capture Agent
Download password capture agent to any local drive.
In this document, we will use x64 bit capture agent.
Install Capture Agent in a Domain Controller
In the previous tasks, you ensured that your environment meets all of the prerequisites for installing the Capture Agent on a Domain Controller. In the following task, you will install the Capture Agent on the appropriate Active Directory Domain Controller.
1. Logon to Domain Controller as Domain Administrative.
2. On Server, Run Windows Explorer and find setup.exe in extracted target folder.
3. Run PWSyncInstaller64.msi or PWSyncInstaller32.msi.
4. On the Welcome page, click Next.
5. On the License Agreement page, select I Agree and then click Next.
6. Browse folder location to install and Choose Just me or Everyone. On the Network Credentials page, click Next.
7. On the Password Sync Server Information page, Type Hosted URL, Access ID, Password and Hosted Domain click Next.
8. On the Confirm Installation page, click Next.
9. On the Installation Complete page, click Close.
11. Confirm PWSync Client Service is running.
Configure Capture Agent
Configure and Register Capture Agent
In the previous tasks, you installed the Capture Agent on every Domain Controller in your environment. In the following task, you will configure the Capture Agent.
1. Logon to the Domain Controller as Domain Administrator.
On Server, Run Windows Explore and locate install folder.
2. Review Information on PW Sync Client Configuration page
3. Choose Tool -> Register
4. Type license keyEvaluation Key is "VrC98F9GUsRN3cy909DQq4h7kI+AsRSH50bcNBnq/1I="
In the evaluation version, only user accounts starting with the name "test" will work
Configure user mapping test and set up notification
How to test users mapping
Click on "Tool" -> "Test Usres Mapping"